Call for workshop proposals for 2019
The Galileo Galilei Institute for Theoretical Physics organizes and hosts extended workshops devoted to specific topics which include:
- theory of quantum fields and strings
- phenomenology of the standard model and beyond
- astro/cosmo-particle physics
- statistical field theory and complex systems
- nuclear and hadronic physics
The programs are jointly selected by the Advisory Committee and the Scientific Committee. Each workshop, with a typical duration of 2-3 months, will host about 80 participants (maximum 35 partecipants per day).
During each workshop a conference will be organized to help in setting up the focus of the program and/or in drawing conclusions and outlooks. A training week for PhD students and young post-docs will also be planned.
Workshop participants are expected to stay for at least three weeks.
The scientific activities of each workshop are coordinated by three or more organizers. With the help of the participants, they will decide about seminars, lessons, topical discussions. The simultaneous presence of at least two organizers is requested.
Some financial support for participants will be provided by INFN (per diem and, in special cases travel expenses). Young researchers associated to INFN can be supported with specific founds (see "opportunities").
Proposals for the 2019 programs should be submitted by October 15, 2017 filling the application form.
However, it would be useful to send an informal pre-proposal by e-mail at email@example.com by the end of July 2017. All proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and selected by the Advisory Committee by end of November 2017.
A proposal for a GGI workshop should contain:
- scientific motivation with general framework and specific topics. This should include arguments on the vitality and evolution of the field and the expected contribution of the workshop
- name of at least 3 workshop organizers
- list of expected key participants who have agreed to partecipate with a preliminar indication on the time they will stay in residence
- some detail on the possible conference and focus week
- preferred date for the workshop (Winter, Spring or Autumn 2019).